You can get a free NRA membership at this link.
H/T to SayUncle.
Pretty heavy traffic at the gunshow. A few thoughts:
- No wait to get in. My little one and I got there about 11:00, and no wait.
- V wasn’t the only kid there, and wasn’t the only girl, either. It’s great to see that.
- Funny aside. V and I had a chat before about the “no touching” rule. “Remember, honey, some people don’t want you to touch their stuff. If you want to touch something, we have to ask permission.” A few minutes into our walk through, V, at the top of her lungs…”Daddy! That LITTLE BOY IS TOUCHING!!!!,” she shouts, pointing at a youngster of about 9 or so, 4 years her senior. It was a nice improvement. Usually she is yelling at patrons for 4 rules violations.
- AR mania seems to be dying down a bit. There were parts a plenty, uppers, and complete rifles. I was able to get two DPMS lower part kits to finish off my receivers.
- I also picked up a Magpul CTR buttstock for my carbine. Wow. What a piece of gear! Not a hint of a rattle on my AR now.
- Plenty of ammo around. Prices were reasonable, except for the optimistic gentleman selling .380 ball for $25 a box. “Only .380 at the show,” he said proudly. At that price, it will be there a while.
All in all, an enjoyable afternoon!
I’m off to the Merchandise Mart to visit the gun show here in Charlotte. I’ll be the geeky looking guy with the Mickey Mouse hat.