“Deadly situations can happen in the blink of an eye,” she said. “If you are not proactive … you are a vulnerable target.”
Linda Smith was the victim of an attempted robbery and rape. Fortunately, she was armed.
* Your kids must know the Four Rules as soon as possible
* They must also know the Eddie Eagle program’s “What to do if you find a gun”
* All unattended firearms should be stored under lock and key.
* Most importantly of all, kids should know that guns are not toys, that they are tools that can cause injury or worse if misused, and must be treated with respect.
I’ve made it a point to make sure that my little one knew this stuff from the time she was very small. Eddie Eagle at three, the four rules at five.
I’d only add one thing. I’ve tried to take the mystery out of firearms. My daughter and I have a deal. She can see the guns any time she wants, as long as I am with her. She just has to ask.
I’ve been awarded a degree of Master of Business Administration. Go me! Now to find gainful employment…
This story is so shockingly made of fail it makes my brain hurt.
“It injects demand into the economy,” Pelosi said, arguing that when families have money to spend it keeps the economy churning. “It creates jobs faster than almost any other initiative you can name.”
Nance, honey, stick to something that you understand, like…umm…that well is pretty dry.
Where to begin with the fail?
- For one thing, Nancy baby, in order to create jobs, you need to grow the economy. Very few folks I know on unemployment (including yours truly) make MORE money than they did when employed. In my case, my weekly benefit is about 1/6 of what my regular take home pay was.
- In case you can’t figure it out, I’m spending a little bit less than I used to. My economic activity is decreasing, not increasing.
- Oh, and that money? I’m getting in unemployment? You are taking from other taxpayers. It’s a zero sum gain, sweetie.
- And, BTW, we are running at a deficit. So, you aren’t even taking the money from current taxpayers…your stealing it from my kids.
- By your logic, the best way to grow the economy is for EVERYBODY to go on unemployment. Then we will create jobs like wildfire.
And these jokers think they are the smartest folks in the room…