TigerSwan final evaluation
In the run-up to our TigerSwan class, I posted a list of things that I thought a shooting school should feature. Here is my final report card for TigerSwan:
- An appropriate understanding of the mission. Grade: A. TigerSwan teaches “two well placed shots on in an assailant.” This is perfectly appropriate for the armed citizen.
- A doctrine that is focused on meeting the needs of the shooter. Grade: A. We got top notch instruction at the level we were at, and appropriate encouragement.
- A focus on the fundamentals. A+. “Simplicity in the basics” is a perfect description of this.
- Drills that you can use. A. We got a set of drills that we could use at home, on any range, and a way to improve them as our skills progressed.
- At the right time, a focus on force-on-force. Grade: N/A. I’d expect to see this in a tactical class, but it is a bit much to expect for a one-day class.
- Finally, and this should go without saying, safety, safety, safety. Grade: A. Great emphasis on safety.
Final grade: A. Get thee to TigerSwan. Top notch instruction at a great price.